- posted May 7, 2019: “Amadeus is in my opinion the very best film ever made. It was the movie that introduced Classical music to me in such a beautiful visual way.”
- posted May 6, 2019: “If you can imagine it, think it, dream it, envision it, then you can DO it! “
- posted May 2, 2019: “Everything I know and love about music, I learned from my mother Adela and my mentor, teacher, pastor and friend/uncle Andraé Crouch. “
- posted May 1, 2019: “Acknowledge your weakness. Look directly at where you can improve and then do what must be done. Usually that means to do more, work more, practice more. “
- posted April 30, 2019: “I choose to let go of fear and insecurity in order to fulfil my purpose and potential.”
TooGoodToGo is a company that is dealing with food waste across the globe. Hundreds of thousands of tons of food get wasted, thrown away by supermarkets, restaurants, bakeries, hotels and countless other food related businesses. It’s a huge issue and it needs to be fixed so people can purchase and consume this very edible food at very low prices, otherwise it just gets thrown away.
I am honoured and privileged to have written the company theme song as well as teaching the song, “TooGoodToGo” to the 250 employees from all over the world gathered at this company event, April 5, 2019.
Just a quick heads up, letting you know about The High T Jazz Big Band. It’s been approximately six months now since Al has joined the trombone section in a jazz big band based out of a town called, Høje Taastrup, hence “High T.”
Jazz music and especially playing in a big band has been a part of Al’s musical history since playing in the Eagle Rock High School Big Band in 1976, under the direction of Mr. John Rinaldo.
High T Big Band has about 18-20 musicians and from time to time features special guest vocalists. It’s fun for Al to put all his focus back on the trombone and reading a lot of charts. Also humorous that the band, most of them anyway, have no idea that he’s also a singer.